Latest News

2-year-old dies of electrocution after putting metal spoon into extension outlet

 A two-year-old boy in Quezon City died due to electrocution after inserting the tip of metal spoon into an extension outlet.







The little boy, Jake Angara, who celebrated his second birthday last Feb. 7, got an electric shock. According to his mother Eloisa Acay Angara, the incident happened when she left a spoon she used to prepare Jake's milk, but said she placed it in an area that was out of reach. 





"Nung bubuksan ko ang pinyuan may pumutok. Kinabahan ako, pero akala ko may nalaglag lang. Napasigaw na yung asawa ko ang sabi niya lang 'si Jake na-ground," Eloisa said in an interview with GMA news.





Jake was rushed to the hospital where doctors tried to revive the boy but later he was announced dead.






A spokesperson from Meralco, Joe Zaldarriaga, also warned the people against using extension cords.




"Maari talagang maaksidente ‘pag iyan ay kinalikot o mayroong object na bakal na ininsert o kaya iyong daliri inilagay mimso doon sa opening ng outlet. Kung maari po siguro to make sure na safe po iyan, ilayo po natin iyong mga anak natin sa maliliit sa access nung mga outlets." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where In Bacolod Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Powered by Blogger.