Latest News

Death toll in Davao blast rises to 15, 60 injured

Davao, Philippines - Death toll increases to 15 and 60 others are wounded, Friday night in Davao City. Super Radio dzBB reported that the last body count of fatalities was at 15, including a 12-year-old.

ASG spokesperson Abu Rami said the Davao attack is a "call for unity to all mujahideen in the country" amid the all-out offensive of the military against the group. 

Rami said that the attack in Davao City is not part of a tactic to divert the attention of government forces who have been pursuing the bandits in Sulu and Basilan.

He warned that similar attacks should be expected in the coming days.

President Rodrigo Duterte earlier this week ordered intensified operations to finish off the 400-strong terror group, following the death of 15 soldiers in a clash in Patikul, Sulu.

After the explosion in Davao, Duterte also declared a "state of lawlessness," where he will "invite uniformed personnel to run the country."

The declaration would involve the increase of military and police presence throughout the country to combat not just terror threats, but also step up his campaign against illegal drugs.

Despite  of the deadly incident, the President assured the Dabawenyos that the city is safe. He also said that other groups or even drug gangs could be behind the bombings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where In Bacolod Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Powered by Blogger.