The Head & Tongue of this lady doubles in size, claims almost die due to severe allergic reaction from hair dye

    photo/Dailymail
Please make sure of your product! 19-year-old Estella, an English student from Paris speaks up to warn others from using a specific product. She claimed that she almost died after a severe allergic reaction from a hair dye.

 According to her she performed a patch test using the product, which she didn't realize contained the chemical PPD (paraphenylenediamine), reported in yahoo news.

Paraphenylenediamine (PPD) is usually found in hair dyes with darker shades, sometimes causes severe reactions that could led to fatal complications such as rhabdomyolysis, renal failure, angioneutotic edema, and respiratory failure," NCBI news.

Estelle shared her near-death experience with LeParisean and was translated by Yahoo News. She experienced irritation on her scalp and swelling began after using a hair dye at home. She took some antihistamines, however, as she woke up following morning her head continue to expand, measured 63cm rather than the average of 56cm.

As the allergy gets worst, then she was taken to hospital as her head and tongue continue to swell. She has then made a full recovery. 

"I almost died, I don't want something similar to happen to other people," Estelle told the paper.

No comments